Gracing the jury panel is Mr Vladimir Zubkov, who was elected secretary general in 2017, before he was appointed special advisor on industry affairs to the board of TIACA.
He became the vice president of Volga-Dnepr Group working with international agencies and governments. He later worked at ICAO as director of air transport and later as director of planning and global coordination.
Mr Zubkov started his career at Sheremetyevo International Airport and soon after found himself up the ranks at Aeroflot. In 2011, he was listed on the Top 1,000 Russian Managers and ranked in the top 5 in the category “Government and Industry Relations – Transport.”
Mr Zubkov, who will join the jury panel for the 7th Payload Asia Awards, recently took part in a summit organised by Cranfield University, one of the world’s major aviation institutions, on reimagining the Future of Civil Aviation, where he talked about air cargo transformation by 2050.
“Generally, I see the growing importance of the air cargo industry, greater convergence with other modes of transport which will be inevitable for the success of the vaccines and closer collaboration with the customs, security and safety partners. I also want to share some specific points which, in my view, should materialize in the years to come:”
- The awareness amongst the States leaders and aviation industry decision makers of the importance of air cargo for the wellbeing of the population and global trade has been increased dramatically.
- The degree of liberalization for air cargo is much greater than for the passenger traffic and the States exchange willingly all the known traffic rights and freedoms of the air for cargo traffic
- Cargo terminals become the state-of-the-art architecture with the highest degree of automation and convenience for all the processes
- Air cargo supply chain functions in the paperless environment with full digitalization of data movement through data corridors
- All the services and organizations involved in the supply chain use one common database and form the airport cargo community for efficient coordination amongst them.