Cargo Security Manager
Cargo Security Manager
Cathay Pacific Airways
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Report to: General Manager Cargo Service Delivery
The incumbent will lead and manage all aspects of Cathay Pacific (CX) Cargo Security including policy, procedure, execution and performance, to achieve and assure security standards are of the highest possible quality, as well as being cost effective and operationally practicable; thereby protecting the safety of CX crew, passengers and aircraft as well as the airlines’ reputation in the eyes of regulators and shippers.
- Ensure full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and GSORM Security policy.
- Maintain correct, clear and comprehensible policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure compliance to country-specific Air Carrier Cargo Security Programmes as may be required by individual countries.
- Maintain the Cargo Security section of the Cargo Services Manual.
- Ensure the development and delivery of effective cargo security training and communications resources for CX staff and GHAs that support the network. This entails ensuring compliance and that everything is always relevant and up-to-date.
- Manage security QC and audit processes to ensure quality and compliance both with CX SOPs as well as country-specific security requirements.
- Pursue and preserve regulators’ approval of upstream screening in CX outports, in order to protect against the requirement for screening of trans-shipment cargo in Hong Kong.
- Manage the tightest possible control of high-value cargo and to prevent pilferage.
- Maintain a leading position for CX in terms of security related products and procedures deployed to enhance cargo security.
- Investigate security failures or breaches as they occur and to work with individual ports and the network to improve our defences.
- Maintain a database of cargo security discrepancies, analyse system performance and identify and pursue improvement actions.
- Manage an effective and need-to-know documentation and record control system in respect of different regulators’ security requirements and to manage the distribution and revision control.
- Manage for close and collaborative relationships between CX and cargo security regulators and to play an active role in industry security forums (IATA, AAPA), in order that CX may remain at the centre of discussion and consultation between regulators and industry on security matters and regulatory developments and to protect our reputation as a leading airline.
- Support the efforts of Cargo Sales and Marketing in discussion with global clients on security issues, and conduct cargo security inspection / audits per customer requirement as may be required (i.e. to restore confidence after pilferage cases).
- Prepare budgets for Cargo Security, monitor and manage cargo security expenses within the network and ensure cost effective spending within budget.
- Prepare and publish a quarterly review to Cargo Security outlining threats around the CX network.
- Tertiary education qualifications or above is required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the aviation industry.
- Working experience in law enforcement is an advantage.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Good Cantonese and/or Putonghua is an advantage.
- Polished interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to lead and work with people at all levels and in cross-sectional teams to achieve the best result and implement changes.
- Good time management skills, logical, structured with systematic approach, organised, detail-focused and methodical.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word.