PortGround, the Mitteldeutsche Airport Holding ground services company at Leipzig/Halle Airport, recently handled a valuable dressage horse bound for Bahrain aboard an AeroLogic B777F. PortGround noted that since Lufthansa Cargo has begun flights through Leipzig/Halle and AeroLogic began operations in July, there has been an increase in demand for export services for large live animals, especially horses. In 2008, more than 2.46 million passengers and 442,406 tonnes of air cargo moved through Leipzig/Halle, where DHL Express now has its Europe hub, making it the third largest cargo airport in Germany.
- Singapore to host air cargo, logistics events in 2023
- Airbus secures CMA CGM commitment for the A350F
- Topcast opens new office in Singapore
- Hactl unveils new command centre for SuperTerminal 1
- Etihad powers freight ops with Speedcargo’s AI solutions
- Gebrüder Weiss drafts largest freighter for project cargo