Logistics solutions for the pharma and healthcare industry are among the most important growth drivers for Kuehne + Nagel’s European overland business. With the extension of the European overland cross dock platform in Contern and the integration of telematics data of key providers Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its position in the European market for pharma solutions.
The plattform in Contern is part of Kuehne + Nagel’s KN PharmaChain. KN PharmaChain is a multi-modal logistics solution for temperature-controlled door-to-door transportation which allows accurate traceability of the deliveries and intensive, proactive risk management.
The facility offers a complete coverage to all European destinations with competitive lead times and an industry leading GDP certified infrastructure. The new platform increases the capacity for loading and unloading pharmaceutical products under temperature controlled warehousing conditions and in a completely closed environment. The GDP certified cross dock is divided into a zone of 2°-8°C and one of 15-25°C with 4.000 square metres dedicated for the pharma sector.
Furthermore the platform has several features that guarantee the best environment for the handling of pharmaceutical products like
- cool rooms and flooring enhancing the quality of pharma handling,
- cooling and heating systems independent of electricity running on redundant cooling machines,
- 24/7/365 warehouse temperature monitoring linked to an external surveillance center,
- computer validated temperature monitoring and warning systems,
- own dedicated secured and guarded truck parking area nearby the warehouse
- fully CCTV and access controlled area.
With an increasing number of state of the art bi-thermo temperature controlled trailers, either own assets or operated by qualified partners, Kuehne + Nagel aims at seamless services for temperature controlled FTL and LTL shipments across Europe. The integration of telematics data of key transport partners into Kuehne + Nagel`s platform KN Login marks another step towards full visibility to pharma customers.