Latest figures from the Association of European Airlines cast doubt on the idea that the industry is seeing green shoots of recovery. Overall cargo traffic for the continentÃ¢â‚¬™s carriers was 15.1 percent year on year in August, compared to 16.8 percent in July. Leading carriers also showed no significant improvement. Air France traffic remains 20.4 percent down (-19.5 in July), Lufthansa is 14.1 percent down (-14.9 percent in July), Cargolux 16.5 percent (-17.2 percent in July), and KLM 11 percent down (-12.1 percent in July). By region, traffic to the Asia-Pacific was 21.7 percent down (-23.2 percent in July), and North America down 14.8 percent (-15.4 percent in July). Traffic to the Middle East stands out with a 17 percent increase in both months.
- Singapore to host air cargo, logistics events in 2023
- Airbus secures CMA CGM commitment for the A350F
- Topcast opens new office in Singapore
- Hactl unveils new command centre for SuperTerminal 1
- Etihad powers freight ops with Speedcargo’s AI solutions
- Gebrüder Weiss drafts largest freighter for project cargo