Air Deccan founder GR Gopinath is replicating his low-fare model in his new express logistics venture. Taking rival Blue Dart head on, Gopinath has kept tariffs 10-15 per cent lower than the market leader. Ã¢â‚¬Å“We are selling our product on expansion network, besides distributing cargo at 10-15 per cent cheaper compared with rivals,Ã¢â‚¬Â Mr Gopinath, who has started his express logistics venture Deccan 360, told the Economic Times. Deccan 360 is currently operating with a fleet of seven cargo aircraft Ã¢â‚¬” five ATRs and two A310s Ã¢â‚¬” serving about 10 destinations. The express logistics company also operates a fleet of nearly 1,000 trucks.
- Airbus secures CMA CGM commitment for the A350F
- Topcast opens new office in Singapore
- Hactl unveils new command centre for SuperTerminal 1
- Etihad powers freight ops with Speedcargo’s AI solutions
- Gebrüder Weiss drafts largest freighter for project cargo
- Stewart Angus returns to dnata to lead Europe operations