EuropeÃ¢â‚¬™s busiest air cargo hub, Frankfurt airport, has reported a slowing decline in cargo traffic in June. Frankfurt handled 148,211 tonnes of cargo in June, a 16.5 per cent drop from a year earlier that followed year-on-year declines of 17.1 per cent and 24.9 per cent in May and April respectively. The improved June figure still left cargo volumes in the first half of the year 21.4 per cent down on the same period in 2008 at 822,469 tonnes compared with 1.05 million tonnes a year earlier. The decline in passenger traffic also decelerated, to 5.2 per cent, in June from a year-on-year decline of 6.3 per cent in May, said Fraport AG, the owner of Frankfurt airport.
- Singapore to host air cargo, logistics events in 2023
- Airbus secures CMA CGM commitment for the A350F
- Topcast opens new office in Singapore
- Hactl unveils new command centre for SuperTerminal 1
- Etihad powers freight ops with Speedcargo’s AI solutions
- Gebrüder Weiss drafts largest freighter for project cargo