Hong Kong has extended the relief package for the aviation industry for another two months until the end of 2020, which includes the waiver or reduction of various fees announced in August.
The Airport Authority Hong Kong said it made the move “in response to the ongoing challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The continued relief measures include the following:
- Full waiver of parking charges for idle passenger aircraft and airbridge fees
- Reduction of passenger aircraft landing charges
- Fee reductions related to ramp handling, maintenance and airside vehicles
- Rental reduction for terminal tenants covering lounges and offices
- Fee waivers for terminal licencees, including ancillary passenger services, commercial services counters and cross-border transport operators
- Concessions on franchise fees for aviation support services such as into-plane fuelling
Also waived are the fees related to aircraft maintenance charges and fixed charges for inflight catering services, as well as rent for terminal tenants.
The Airport Authority last extended the relief measures in August, until the end of October.