China Southern Airlines Cargo and Air France KLM Martinair Cargo intensify strategic cooperation
China Southern Airlines Cargo and AFKLMP Cargo agreed to sign a new MoU to further strengthen and shape their strategic cargo cooperation.
October 20, 2017
In September 2015 China Southern Airlines Cargo (CZ Cargo) and Air France KLM Martinair Cargo (AFKLMP Cargo) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) focused on strategic cooperation between the two parties. We share the ambition to link our respective route networks, enabling us to offer expanded cargo services to our respective customers.
“Signing of this MoU leads to a new phase of cooperation between us, we anticipate concrete result coming out of this”, says Mr. Zhao Fengsheng, Senior Vice President of China Southern Cargo. Marcel de Nooijer, executive vice president of AFKLMP Cargo: “We continuously want to create more value to our customers, and in doing so we are very excited to deepen the cooperation with our strategic partner China Southern Cargo. This new phase is good news for our customers”.
Our ambition for the next four years is to jointly investigate and exploit the available opportunities in the air cargo market. To achieve this, we want to:
- Expand our existing cooperation and build on our mutual experience to connect our cargo business in China, Europe and beyond markets. This will also enable us to continue to use our membership of the SkyTeam Cargo Alliance to maximum advantage.
- Connect CZ’s strong position in China and Asia Pacific region with AFKLMP’s strong position in Europe, Africa and the Trans-Atlantic area, possibly by sharing capacity and space agreements.
- Combine CZ and AFKLMP Cargo networks (belly and main deck product) to offer high frequency services via our hubs at Guangzhou, Shanghai, Paris Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam Schiphol.
- Provide easy access to each other’s capacity within this combined network cooperation and explore each other’s ground service facilities at home base hubs, which might support quick interline transfers (one roof concept).
- Increase Mail and Express business opportunities between China, Europe and the USA.
Ultimately this could lead to an integrated commercial and operational cargo cooperation model (Joint Venture) between Europe and China.
Mr. Marcel de Nooijer, EVP AIR FRANCE KLM MARTINAIR Cargo and Mr. Zhao Fengsheng, SVP China Southern Cargo, signed up to this new MoU at a ceremony in Guangzhou on 11 October 2017.