Hong Kong: Hactl reports 3.3% drop in August volumes

Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited (Hactl) announced recently that its air cargo tonnage throughput for August totalled 220,574 tonnes, representing a year-on-year dip of 3.3 per cent. Cumulative tonnage for January-August 2008 was just on 1.72 million tonnes, up 3.8 per cent against the same period last year. Hactl said both import and export […]


August volumes drop HACTL


Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited (Hactl) announced recently that its air cargo tonnage throughput for August totalled 220,574 tonnes, representing a year-on-year dip of 3.3 per cent. Cumulative tonnage for January-August 2008 was just on 1.72 million tonnes, up 3.8 per cent against the same period last year. Hactl said both import and export volumes in August had registered a decline. Import volume showed a decrease of 7.1 per cent year-on-year, with a total of 53,836 tonnes handled in the month. Export volume for August was 120,022 tonnes, down 7.4 per cent year-on-year. Aggregate import volume and export volume for the fi rst eight months were 448,782 tonnes and 934,095 tonnes, respectively, representing a climb of 1 and 1.7 per cent year-on-year for the respective sectors. Hactl noted that transhipment demand remained strong in August. Transhipment tonnage totalled 46,716 tonnes, up 15.1 per cent year-on-year. Total transhipment volume for the first eight months was 335,137 tonnes, up 14.6 per cent against the same periodlast year.