TAIWAN: Eva ups Shanghai stake

Hoping to tap the rosy China market, the Evergreen Group’s Eva Airways Corp. recently announced it would invest RMB20 million to acquire 25 per cent of the increased capital issued by Shanghai Air Cargo International Inc. At present, Shanghai Airlines has a 55% stake in Shanghai Air Cargo with the remaining 45% held by the […]


Hoping to tap the rosy China market, the Evergreen Group’s Eva Airways Corp. recently announced it would invest RMB20 million to acquire 25 per cent of the increased capital issued by Shanghai Air Cargo International Inc. At present, Shanghai Airlines has a 55% stake in Shanghai Air Cargo with the remaining 45% held by the Evergreen Group. Eva sees its investments in Shanghai Air Cargo as a springboard to help it jump into China’s fledgling air cargo market, especially in the eastern China region.